Welcome to my first book review! Today I bring you Perfect by Sara Shepard. This is the 3rd book in the Pretty Little Liars series. I know what you're thinking- I am just a teenage girl who loves twilight, the clique, and petty series like that. I bet you are hating my blog right now, thinking that I have no real knowledge about anything and I am just a stupid teenage girl. THAT IS NOT THE CASE! I had never watched the show, I still haven't, and a friend persuaded me to try out the series. I was very apprehensive, I thought it would be a stupid series, but I was wrong.
The Pretty Little Liars series follows 4 girls- Aria (the artsy one), Hanna (the popular and self-conscious one), Emily (the insecure swimmer), and Spencer (the overachiever). These girls are all very rich, and lead very privileged lives (which does bug me!). However, this twist on a realistic fiction book is very different from the petty rich girl story. Aria, Hanna, Emily, and Spencer used to be friends, all with the uber-popular girl Ali. Until one day, when Ali disappeared. All of the girls kept many secrets, and now a stalker named "A" is threatening to tell all. The scary part is, A is someone close to the girls. The big mystery in this series is finding out who A is, and finding out who killed Ali.
The third book in the series has the lives of the girls falling apart. Hanna goes from being at the top of the popularity chain to being dumped by her best friend. Emily's secret is revealed by A, making her parents furious with her. Spencer is nominated for a writing award- with the essay that her sister wrote. As usual, the book ends with a party where secrets about Ali's life are uncovered, and people are hurt. It just makes me want to get the next book in the series right away! The main plot change in this book verses the others is that A starts to actually become involved, and take action to start spreading the girls' secrets.
So I really think you should give this series a chance-it may surprise you!
No comments:
Post a Comment