Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book review #2- A Time for Dancing


I would say that typically the books we have to read for school are not to my taste. However, this choice proves otherwise. From a list, we had to choose a book to read and then discuss in class. Obviously, I chose A Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin. I can honestly say that this is one of the saddest books I have ever read. I was crying so hard by the end of it! 

This book has alternating chapters between two soulmate best friends, Sam and Julie. They are both ballet dancers, and regular teenage girls. This is until Julie becomes diagnosed with a form of Stage 4 cancer. The book follows Julie's awfully long and hard journey with her battle. Sam is also having a hard time at home, so both of their lives are basically falling apart. Nonetheless, this book is an amazing portrayal of love between friends and family, and how to deal when someone you love is slipping away.

This wasn't my favorite book in the world, I do love depressing stories, but perhaps not so sad! It was still a great read, pretty short! It really touched me. I would recommend this book to anyone who is going through a hard time and wants to stop feeling sorry for themselves, seriously. It makes you thankful for what you have!

Short and sweet post, I know! But I hope you got a vague idea about this book, and I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment