Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Poetry

  As somewhat of a book reviewer, I have to believe that anyone reading this would think "Hey, she criticizes them all the time, but could she actually do any better?" My answer to that is- ehh, not really, no. Writing is not my passion as much as reading is! Nevertheless (I love that word!), I have decided to share some of my poems from a recent English project with you nonexistent followers! YEAH!


Haiku
This Haiku should be
 about nature or wind but
I find wind boring.

Free Verse

Many poems are hard to write, for they

require too much counting, and the constant
worry that one line contains too many 
syllables, or that you couldn’t define 
a leaf using enough specific words
such as courageous, masterful, touching;
But how is a leaf any of those things? 
That’s for you to figure out, in seven
syllables and three lines, no more, no less,
and it will have to rhyme, ABA is
essential to form a proper poem.
I hate whenever there is a time that
I have to rhyme. It’s never sublime when
I can’t be a mime. You see? Not for me!
Couplets, and doublets, all getting mixed in
my courageous, masterful, touching mind.
I don’t believe that will ever work, so
I will retire from this constraining
process some call writing poetry. It 
is too stressful, ten syllables is not
enough per line to express my frustra-


That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment